Sadat Academy for Management sciences (SAMS) is a governmental educational institution that dates back to 1954 when the Public Administration Institute was established, followed by the National Institute for Management Development (NIMD) in 1961 and the Local Administration Institute in 1967.
In 1971, these institutes were merged into one institution called the National Institute for Management Development (NIMD).
SAMS came into being in February 1981 in accordance with Presidential Decree No. 127 of 1981, and was re-structured in compliance with Presidential Decree No. 3 of 2004 to emerge as a public authority and body corporate, having a scientific and cultural nature. As a governmental educational institution and a leading professional institution subject to Law No. 29 of 1973 on Egyptian Universities Regulation, SAMS stands on equal footing with other Egyptian universities with regard to authority, and obligations.